My team’s current Gruntfile config includes options for linting, minification, obfuscation, SASS compilation, live reload, qunit testing for unit testing and also casperjs for functional testing. All tests are run against a phantomjs headless browser.
Lessons? Never take on a side project without learning something new. So what else? Here are a couple of reasons why you should consider GruntJS:
1. Standardized interface – it defines a completely repeatable method for defining tasks.
2. Great community – there are one gazillion plugins, tutorials and blog posts on why you should use Grunt.
3. Plugins for nearly every web dev work you’ll do – I personally love the watch tasks that reload the browsers.
4. The learning curve is almost non-existent; I love easy-to-use stuff.
5. Grunt is powerful – it packs a punch!
6. Flexible, I found out that you can actually invoke command line arguments and run new programs.